Ask a Dermatologist: How to take care of your face after a laser treatment?
Question: How to take care of your face after a HALO/laser treatment?
It is important after any laser procedure to properly care for your skin. It is especially important post the Sciton HALO treatment to perform certain steps in order to get optimal results.
Of course, gentle cleansing is key since the skin is tender, and slightly warm to the touch. Proper hydration and moisturization are mandatory to best skin healing. Protection from the sun is critical. For best wound healing and collagen stimulation, some type of post-operative wound care designed for post-laser surgery should be utilized. The following steps are what I used when I recently underwent a combination Sciton HALO/Ultherapy treatment to my face and neck by Rebecca Ayala, who has been trained in advanced level courses on both of these devices on multiple occasions.
1. SkinMedica Facial Cleanser
2. SkinMedica Repair Complex – this product contains growth factor specifically designed to affect wounded skin and stimulate Collagen I and III
3. SkinMedica HA5
4. SkinMedica TNS Ceramide Moisturizer for daytime use and SkinMedica Restorative Ointment for night time use
5. Colorescience All Calm SPF50 was applied next as my first layer of sun protection
6. Colorescience Total Eye was applied under my eyes as well
7. Colorescience Face Shield in Glow was applied next as my 2nd layer of sun protection
8. Colorescience Sunforgettable Powder was applied as my 3rd and final layer of sun protection
By performing these simple steps for at least two weeks post procedure, my results were drastically improved beyond just moisturizer and sunscreen. By day 3, you could not even tell that I had undergone a procedure at all. After one week, I was receiving compliments on my skin. I am already thinking about the next procedure I want to have performed…
Dr. Ellen Turner is a double board-certified dermatologist with practices in Dallas and Irving, Texas. She specializes in medical and cosmetic dermatology, as well as anti-aging and regenerative medicine.
To schedule an appointment, please call 214-373-7546.Written by Dallas Dermatologist Dr. Ellen Turner.